Friday, September 2, 2011

Misssion Call



When I joined the LDS Church back on Sep 12 1993, I never dreamed that this day would come. My cousin joined the Church in 2003 and she has had many callings in the Church, she is older than me and has older kids. When her son decided to go on a mission it seem like everything went wrong. Their house was broken into, his older brother was in a serious motorcycle accident, it was one thing after another. It took him longer than usual to get his High School diploma but after all the struggles and all the challenges, he got his call !!!! We promised him that we would help him pay for his mission and I know that it will be a challenge for us but even a little will help. I know the importance of missionary work. Behind every missionary that is out there is a long story of how they got there. I am so glad that he will share the gospel with other and I hope that my son will go when is 19. Elder Picado was called to labor in the San Pedro Sula, Honduras Mission. God speed Elder Picado.

2 comments:

DeEtta said...

You will be blessed by supporting him financially. The little seeds you planted are starting to grow.

Tiffany said...

That is SO exciting!!!!! I can attest to the fact of the blessings your family will receive from helping a missionary...hard but so so worth it.