Wednesday, December 31, 2014

christmas adventures

Christmas day we had a lot of snow which made it perfect!!!!!! We all wanted a white Christmas and it came true.  We had our traditional dinner on the 24th and invited my sister in-law,  parents in-law and the set kids from our ward.  This year has been great right up to October when things just got hard and decisions made were hard.  We all knew they needed to be made but it still was not easy.  I think this year was the first year as long as I can remember that I could get a gift for my husband and the kids had very little to open.  Secretly I had hoped that someone would do a sub for santa for them.  I was only able get a tree due gift card some one gave me which I used for food and a very discounted tree which was only $15.  Totally scored with the tree, it was exactly what I wanted for such low price.  I didn't take a lot of pictures like I usually do and I have felt more stressed then normal but overall it was a good Christmas.   Glad for the small miracles and the spirit in our home.  In September our water heater and water softener both went down.  After having several people who came and gave me estimates and how much it would be, I was shocked on the cost.  I called my plumber Jeff and told him what was going on and he sent one of his guys and said no worries we will take care of you.  Everyone else told me it would be 1500 and Jeff looked at the work and said he could do it for 300.  When our neighbors were remodeling their house they found a brand new water softer and gave it to us for free!! still in the box.  I called Jeff and he sent one of his guys and the service guy told me that the normally don't do this type of installed and said that whenever I call Jeff says whatever Patricia needs will get it done.  I love this man of being honest and caring.  I feel the same way about my furnace guy.  Winter finally arrived and the furnace stop working 100%.  I called Roger and he came looked at it and said to me to call the people who installed it and make sure I had all my registration work done and told me how to get it done.  He said that it would save me a lot of money if I did that.  I called the original installer and $95 dollars later they covered the parts.  Thanks Roger for your words of advice.  My car needs new breaks and I ran into the mechanic at the gas station and I told him what the problem was and he was so nice he said he would sent me a coupon so it would cost me less.  I am so glad to have nice honest people in my life.  With all this crazy extra expenses we had in the last 3 months, I am looking forward a new year and fun new adventures.

1 comment:

DeEtta said...

I remember lean Christmas' and now I look back on them with fondness. Happy New Year to you and your family.