Thursday, December 18, 2014

Friendships

I have come to the realization that I must not be a good friend.  I hear stories of friendship and of undying love.  I must say that it doesn't apply to me.  I can go out of my way to help someone and the act is not returned.  I recently read an article that talked about how if you went missing who would show up to help look for you and honestly other than my kids and husband, I don't think anyone else would come.  If they are too busy to hang out with me now and call to see how I'm doing why would they show to help.  I have tried to make closer connections with people and I just decided that they don't want that connection with me.  The visiting teaching message was great this month.  Make your home Christ centered.  We have been going thru some family challenges, a card, a text or maybe a knock would have been nice.  I can honestly say that the Lord has been my constant companion and best friend thru all this.  I am glad he is there and answers when I call him.  I don't need to set an appointment, he doesn't need to check his calendar to see when he can give me half an hour of  his time.  He know exactly what I need to feel better and I swear I have felt his arms around me when I really have needed that the most.  Christmas is almost here and I am so happy that we can celebrate his birthday.  I was finally able to get a tree and his presents (Jesus) is already under the tree.  I was given a box many years ago with a gift inside that was beautiful and the box it self is so beautiful.  Every Christmas eve we open this box and put our gift inside, we take a piece of paper and tell baby Jesus what we will do that year to be better and make others better.  It has become a tradition in our home and I hope to pass that down to my kids and their kids.  I might not have a wall full of cards but I do have a home where I can find peace and comfort in every room.  Count your many blessing name them one by one.  I have ran out of fingers counting all the Lord has done for me.  I might not have a BFF in this life but I think I am finally ok with that.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and  a Happy New Year.



1 comment:

DeEtta said...

You are too hard on yourself. Always know that I am not too far from you, come up and spend the day sometime. You are very special and I love you.